Thursday, February 10, 2011

A Recommended Album

Sorry for not updating for the past few days, I've been busy with school and what not.


Anyway,  since there seems to be many metal heads that follow me, I thought I would recommend a Metal albums that has helped change the way I listen to music and that album is Earth 2.

Earth is an American band known for their Experimental and Drone Metal music.

Yes, it's a drone album.  Yes, some songs do last longer than 30 minutes. Yes, it may be extremely inaccessible to the average music listener, but despite all these things it's a great album.

Not all great music is likable within the first minute or few listens, and that is especially the case with drone music with it's repetitious chords and what not, but intricacies can be found within that minimalism.

However, drone music such as Earth 2 tends to be far more enjoyable when you're not paying much attention to it as opposed to spending 20 minutes analyzing everything in a certain song. I highly suggest you put this on next time you're doing work, exercise, reading or whatever.

It may not be for everyone, but do suggest that you do at least give it a chance or two.

PS: If you want to try some darker drone metal, try Sunn O)))

4 comments:

  1. Youtube'd them, and they weren't bad. 30min is a little long for my tastes, but they weren't as bad as some of the pop songs you hear on the radio these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will listen them while drawing, I spent a lot of time doing it so 30mnin is nothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a pretty cool pre-drinks album.

    ReplyDelete